Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A new lens......

Ok, so it's been awhile since I have logged on and updated my blog and I'm sure you've been wondering what has been goin on. Well, for starters I am excited about the fact that I have a new lens. A 50 mm 1.4!! What does this mean? Well, for starters it means I can capture some pretty great shots of some very beautiful horses with the background displaying what we in the shutterbug business refer to as "BOKEH". Now, I was confused about how to pronounce this word so after asking many friends and with the help of wikipedia I have learned that the proper pronunciation is "boquet". That's right, just like a boquet of flowers. Which anything associated flowers makes me happy. This word does too. I don't know what it is about this strange word that I have recently learned. But I just love the way it makes a picture look. So I am dedicating this blog to just that: Bokeh!! And I am going to post a few pics that display this wonderful new word....................B O K E H!!!!!!
This is a necklace that I made. Yes, that's right!! I made it, and it's actually pretty snazzy. But that's a whole nother blog all together. Now, see the background here. There's some bokeh but not alot. I still like the picture though. Maybe I am just a little biased. hee hee





Ok, so I know this is a strange picture but it's a perfect example of my beloved new word. And it was by sheer accident that I even took it!! I accidentally hit the shutter button while parking at my son's school when I went to pick him up on day. But, needless to say, it's a great example of Bokeh.









Oh, aren't these beautiful? I have so many pics of flowers with some very wonderful Bokeh in the back ground but alas, I could not post them all. Any way my friends this is just a little sample of what I have been up to lately. This along with, making jewelry and taking wedding pics.....but, those are blogs that will have to wait... Much love to all my family members!!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment